Who We Are
Catapult is an innovative publishing venture created by the founders of Electric Literature and Black Balloon Publishing. The company includes a book publishing program of the highest literary caliber, a robust series of writing classes, a daily website of narrative nonfiction and fiction, and a community platform where emerging writers can share their work.
Catapult nurtures and supports writers. We strive to be a successful model for the future of independent publishing.
For general queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: visit our Submittable page
For media queries related to our books: contact our Director of Publicity, Megan Fishmann.
For desk/exam copy requests:
Thank you for your academic interest in our books!
Catapult / Counterpoint Press / Soft Skull Press titles are now distributed by Penguin Random House and all desk and/or exam copy requests must be made through them.
If you are looking for a desk copy, please click here.
If you are looking for an exam copy, please click here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Penguin Random House or your PRH Account Manager.
For permissions & rights:
If you are interested in reprinting part of a Catapult, Counterpoint, or Soft Skull book, please send the following information by mail, fax, or email to Fred Courtright of The Permissions Company (contact information below). Please apply for permission as far in advance as possible. We receive many requests and need adequate time to process them. Please do not send your request more than once.
For all requests
• Author, book title, and title of poem, story, or essay (or page numbers) you wish to use
• Your email address, fax number, or mailing address
For reprint in a book
• Details of how you’re using the requested material within your own work
• Title of your book
• Estimated price and page length of your book
• Format (hardcover, paperback)
• Estimated print run
• Territory requested (United States, North America, or world)
• Your publisher
For reprint in a magazine, newspaper, newsletter, or journal
• Title of your publication
• Estimated circulation
• Your publisher
For reprint on a website
• Website address
• Length of time you wish to have the work posted
For a musical setting
• Details about plans for publishing, recording, or performing the work
For any other use, please send a query.